Human Resources Generalist
Job Type: Full-Time
With three generations of experience and over 100 million sq.ft. of roofing installed, Empire Roofing Corporation has built a solid reputation for market excellence; and thrives only on the highest quality of construction and workmanship in a variety of roofing services. Through building a solid reputation with our clients, Empire Roofing Corporation has been fortunate enough to see the steady growth, success, and opportunity within the Construction Industry. We at Empire are committed to ensuring that all of our clients receive exceptional customer service from field personnel, all the way to Senior Management.
Based on dedication to commercial roofing excellence and an impressive 2013 project portfolio, Firestone Building Products has awarded Empire Roofing Corporation the Master Contractor, Inner Circle of Quality and President’s Club Award – three of the commercial building industry’s most distinguished honours – for the sixth consecutive year.
We are a busy construction/roofing company serving the Industrial and Commercial Sectors, looking to hire a Human Resources Generalist for immediate permanent employment. The right candidate will have the following qualifications/skills. If you feel you meet the requirements listed below, please forward your resume, along with a cover letter.
- Provides an “open door” policy for employees to communicate work-related concerns. Counsels employees and maintains positive employee relations.Acts as liaison between employees and management team
- Provides guidance, counseling, and coaching in regards to disciplinary actions, terminations, & performance management.
- Draft all offer letters, disciplinary letters, and termination letters as required
- Timely, efficient and accurate payroll and benefits administration
- Respond to co-worker and store inquiries concerning payroll and benefits
- Facilitate successful resolution of co-worker inquiries and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Manage entire function WSIB (accident investigation, file Forms, return to work, etc.) and Health and Safety
- Administration of the company’s group insurance plans
- Schedule, coordinate, and deliver new hire orientations and prepare information packages, including contractual documents and government forms
- Collect, compile and enter payroll data using QuickBooks
- Review and verify source documents
- Calculate and post payroll deductions
- Process payroll by established deadlines
- Issue statements of earnings and deductions
- Reconcile employee deductions
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- Update payroll records by recording changes including insurance coverage, loan payments, salary increases
- Process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions * prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance, leave * address employee’s pay-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications
- T4, T5, T4A preparation
- Develop, manage and maintain comprehensive payroll records
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations and guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Three or more years related Human Resources and/or Management experience required. Previous Employee Relations and/or Recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated Canadian payroll and benefits administration experience
- Administration of collective agreements for payroll and benefits administration
- Experience with payroll, staff planning and time keeping systems (Exaktime software)
- Knowledge of applicable Canadian federal and provincial legislation for payroll and benefits administration
- Ability to create, lead, and implement local employee-focused efforts as part of a corporate HR strategy.
- Solid data entry skills
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience with Statutory Deductions
- Experience with union dues a definite asset
- Experience with WSIB, EHT and Source deduction calculations
- Experience with job category allocation a definite asset
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Strong numerical skills
- Understanding of internal controls
- Knowledge of federal and provincial payroll regulations and requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with Employees, Supervisors and Contractors at various levels of the organization
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills ability to multi-task and to work to tight timelines.
- Strong knowledge of all HR functional areas and practices including applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Information collection, analysis and management
- Problem solving
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Customer service orientation
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment and be approachable and available
- Stress tolerance
Salary Range: To Be Determined- Based On Experience
Salary Type: Salary
Hours per wk.: 50 minimum
Benefits: Full Health Benefits (Single or Family Coverage, including dental)
Empire Roofing Corporation would like to thank everyone for their interest; however, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted